Sunday, July 5, 2015

Revisit This! #USWNT #WomensWorldCup

Here's my post from four years ago, the last time the USWNT was in the World Cup. You may want to re-read it. "I know the U.S. will win the World Cup again." -Mary Reynolds

Looking back, it fascinates me how I related that post to math.

I will officially state that my favorite soccer player of all-time is Abby Wambach. She represents hard work and dedication, perseverance and true greatness. She is the epitome of grace. She joins the rest of my favorites, who include my favorite baseball player of all-time- Barry Bonds, my favorite football player of all-time- Jerry Rice, and my favorite basketball player of all-time- Draymond Green.

Today, the USWNT scored four goals in twenty-seven minutes (3 of them by Carli Lloyd). Unbelievable. The way the USWNT played the entire tournament was unbelievable. This team played with heart. They transcend men's and women's soccer at the highest level of play.

The team demonstrated composure, perseverance, and heart. They are inspiring. Everyone can learn a lot from how they played together & with each other. This team demonstrated what we, as educators, ask of our students (and of each other) on a daily basis- composure, sportsmanship, perseverance, dedication, teamwork, effort, communication, creativity, collaboration. This team is the definition of inspirational.

The best in the world! The impossible is possible! Anything can happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment